Prepare for Your Stay
We want your stay to be as comfortable as possible. Here are some recommendations on what to bring and leave home.
Items we provide:
- Hospital gown
What to Bring to the Hospital
What to Leave at Home
- All electrical equipment
- Large sums of money and credit cards. For your convenience we can collect patient responsibility amounts such as co-pays viacredit card prior to arrival or at discharge. You may only need money for such things as newspapers or any items purchased from the hospital gift shop. You may order TV and telephone services by credit card.
- Jewelry and other valuables
- Latex balloons as some people are allergic to the latex. Mylar balloons are a safe alternative.
- Medications from home
- Alcohol, illegal drugs and weapons
- Blankets, pillows and sheets, Upstate will provide linens for overnight visitors.